In Arizona, both the locals and the winter visitors eagerly await the beginning of Spring Training 2019 for Major League Baseball. there are 15 teams that come to Arizona each year for a league affectionately referred to as the Cactus League and lots of preseason games to go to.
The 15 teams whose spring trainings happen in the Phoenix area are the Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Colorado Rockies, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, San Francisco Giants, and Texas Rangers.
For the fans, Spring Training means great games, great players, jumbo hot dogs, cheap tickets, and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the athletes. Watching a spring training game is a great way to spend warm March days soaking in the sun and hearing the cracks of the bats. There are plenty of Cactus League games, but some tickets, especially for the Cubs, can be difficult to get.
The teams in the Cactus League regularly train and compete at their own “home” stadiums throughout the months of February and March. The spring training home for each of the 15 teams are listed below:
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, Scottsdale
- Chicago Cubs: Sloan Park, Mesa
- Chicago White Sox: Camelback Ranch-Glendale, Phoenix
- Cincinnati Reds: Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear
- Cleveland Indians: Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear
- Colorado Rockies: Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, Scottsdale
- Kansas City Royals: Surprise Recreation Campus, Surprise
- Los Angeles Angels: Tempe Diablo Stadium, Tempe
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Camelback Ranch-Glendale, Phoenix
- Milwaukee Brewers: Maryvale Baseball Park, Phoenix
- Oakland Athletics: Hohokam Stadium, Mesa
- San Diego Padres: Peoria Sports Complex, Peoria
- San Francisco Giants: Scottsdale Stadium, Scottsdale
- Seattle Mariners: Peoria Sports Complex, Peoria
- Texas Rangers: Surprise Recreation Campus, Surprise
For a full list of “home” and “away” games for each team, visit the official Cactus League website, where you can also purchase tickets, check team rosters, and even plan your trip to Arizona for the Spring Training season.
The months of February and March are a great time to visit Arizona – the weather is phenomenal and lots of baseball games to fill up time – and maybe you will like it so much you will want to purchase a home for you and your family.